Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 4 - True confession (5lbs gone!)

I cheat. Everyday. I never include vegetables or pickles in my calorie count. They just don't matter to me. Anything that you would have to eat two pounds of to make 150 calories or so I just don't care to include. Fortunately, it's my game so I get to make the rules.

Breakfast: Oatmeal 256 cal
Lunch: Granola bar 100 cal
Dinner: Soup and salad 300 cal
Snack: Pickle 8 cal(lol); Another bewitchingly yummy milky way 250 cal
Today: 906
Total to date: 3854

Weight: 230.2

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree. Pickles don't count. FYI - I'm down 3 lbs so far this week. Scott hasn't weighed in yet. Only problem is, I'll lose all this weight and then go and spend a week with my family. All that eating out is going to set me back.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, and back atcha!

    Eating out tip (from when I was losing weight before): Know where you are going and look up their menu and nutritional info before you head out. Always nice to know which meals are the 500 cal or less ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's how Weight Watchers Core program does it, too. They have a list of things that are ok to eat as long as you are paying attention to how your body feels and not overeating those things out of bad habits. Anything off the list counts toward a low weekly "points" allotment. I disagree with some of the details of their lists (specifically, that they advocate low-fat milk products and egg whites w/o yolks, and they prohibit eating seeds and nuts) but I think it's an overall good approach. As long as you're not stuffing yourself silly with carrots and peas (or whatever) from morning till night, veggies should totally be "free."

    ReplyDelete