Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Why 30 Days and 30000 calories? AKA Day one

Ok, so here's the deal. I've been gaining weight back. It's extremely frustrating given how hard I worked to lose it in the first place. So I've been reviewing my weight loss attempts so far this year and discovered the missing component: I need to be held accountable. For some reason, I make bad eating choices when I'm the only one paying attention.

So why 30/30000? I thought it was catchy and it fits with my daily 1000 cal goal. If you don't think that's enough, just consider: My body has plenty of stored calories to make up the difference. That's kind of the point. It has worked for me before. It's also around what people eat after they've had a surgical weight loss procedure.

So please check in on this blog. It's intent is to go for 30 days and re-evaluate. If I still need accountability from there, I'll let everyone know :).

Prediction: In 30 days I will have lost at least 13 pounds.

Day one:
Food I ate:
Breakfast: Oatmeal 256 Cal
Lunch: Slice of pizza 167 cal
Dinner: red lettuce salad w/ craisens and black beans 196 cal
Snack: Milky way caramel (Mmmmmm...) 250 cal & M&M 109 cal
Today's Calories: 978
Total: 978
Beginning weight: 235.2

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, Dave! You have inspired me. You should take a before shot of yourself and put it on here too. Of course, I'll be able to see you live in 30 days. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea. I'll have Jana take a pic tonight :)

    ReplyDelete